My 3 yr old daughter took this pic of me

Saturday, January 22, 2011

A little about us

My husband and I live on a small acreage with our 3 kids and 3 birds. My husband works full time and I stay home with the kids full time. We homeschool our 9 year old son and have since grade 1. Our daughter is 3 1/2 and very artistic and funny, and our hopefully-soon-to-be-adopted daughter is 7 months old and we've had her since she was 3 days old. I teach Sunday school at our church part time. Life is exciting and dull every single day around here :) We do the regular things that everybody else does, but we try to stay home a lot and just enjoy each other's company. We work together, play together, and pray together.

We became foster parents 2 years ago after not being able to have more children. It's been a huge blessing and a huge growing experience, too. We've had 3 kids so far, always hoping to adopt them. Currently we just have one little girl and she is the center of attention most of the time :) The kids love her so much, it feels just like she's part of the family.

My passions in life begin with teaching my kids how to have a relationship with God, my family, organizing my house and life, decor, reading for the purpose of growth and change, education, and fun. Not necessarily in that order, except the first one. I love love love kids. They are a dream come true and such a headache all at the same time, but it sure makes life interesting and I can't imagine life without them. I've always said I'd like to have 87 children, but I don't think that is likely to happen, nor is it very practical. I know. I am grateful for the ones we have! Well, there's a glimpse of what our family life looks like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment