My 3 yr old daughter took this pic of me

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Peace in Chaos

I have peace in my heart instead of anxiety. The circumstances don't line up with my desires, necessarily, but I can stand in peace and joy in the midst of the crazy storm because.......well, this song by Tim Hughes describes our journey well. It doesn't matter what's happening, our focus changes everything. No matter what happens, I can have joy, now.




God in my living
There in my breathing
God in my waking
God in my sleeping

God in my resting
There in my working
God in my thinking
God in my speaking

Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything

God in my hoping
There in my dreaming
God in my watching
God in my waiting

God in my laughing
There in my weeping
God in my hurting
God in my healing

Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
You are everything

Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
Be my everything                              -Tim Hughes

I speak God's truth daily because it is truth. When you know truth, it keeps you from believing the lies and falling into despair when things aren't going as planned. God is the "boss", I am the "employee", He makes the final decisions, and carries my heart through it. I have peace knowing that the Creator of the Universe is handling my affairs and has my best at heart. He knows my wants and needs and the deep desires of my heart.

Matthew 7:7-11

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find;knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him forbread, will give hima stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!" (emphasis mine)


I don't think that this means that everything we ask for we will get. That wouldn't be good for us. We wouldn't let our 3 year old eat the whole birthday cake if she wants to. It would make her sick. God loves to see us delighted and blessed, just as we love to see our own children delighted and blessed. Knowing this, takes away my anxiety.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote this this morning and then had to put it into practice ALL day! I screwed up and lost it a few times, but, because of Him, was able to get back on track. What a day!

    ReplyDelete